Sunday, May 14, 2006

Thinking for a title sucks

It was around 1 p.m. when I was walking towards the Visitors' Hostel. As I was coming from my department, I was on a straight road. When I came near Kendriya Vidyalay, I saw a little kid, about 8 years old, stumbling, trying to hold a full size adult cycle. It was pretty evident that his father had asked him to hold the cycle and gone inside the school for some work. God knows, why he hadn't put it on stand, may be the stand was broken or something, but it wasn't, as far as I remember. Whatever, but for the whole length of the road, I kept looking at the kid, and then when I passed him, I kept turning and looking at him. The kid was so small that he was literally struggling in that killing heat to prevent that cycle from falling. He could have easily put the cycle sideways on the road and stood comfortably. But he didn't. Probably, his sincerity robbed him of his wits. And I kept looking at him, but didn't go to help him put the cycle on the stand. Probably, his sincerity robbed me of my wits too. I think I didn't observe his face and his features, forget remembering them, but by god I know that he was one of the cutest kids I'd ever seen.

And by the time I'd reached the VH, one of my doubts, whether not doing what God has made us capable of, is actually a crime or not, was resolved. I was pretty much convinced now. It is a crime.

6 comments:

Saby said...

hmm..

Vineet Gupta said...

Sometimes things we do are the outcome of our surrounding conditions. 1 PM is a hot time to be at on the road from your department to VH. So you must have been probably looking to reach to the place of less heat. In this case not helping the boy is not a crime but just a decision taken in hurry. Don't try to evaluate your ability for doing things with each action you take in your life.

lifetotaller said...

na na..actually I didn't mean that I committed a crime by not helping him. What I meant was that there are so many sincere people out there in this world who could make it big and serve the society better had they progressed. So the people who have the resources at their disposal, commit a crime when they don't use them properly and sincerely.

Vineet Gupta said...

Then it's fine. Said other way this is very serious issue.

Swetank Gupta said...

hmmm....

Saby said...

It's not a crime. It's unfortunate. Someone else will eventually do what you would have done, and God would be happy. You'd miss out, but who cares about you? (except you maybe)